If you’re like most consumers you do not give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator until it shuts down, or before it comes time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible out of this invaluable appliance it can be extremely useful to know exactly how it keeps your food and drinks cool—and Orem Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to find out what you should understand about how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to connect with refrigerator repair Orem.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard appliance for several years now. A refrigerator stores food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to reduce spoilage and slow down the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from the interior of the appliance to the outside, by relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard components of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Orem Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combo of a motor and a pump, and it is need for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
The condenser is located on the rear exterior panel of the appliance and will help to release the warmth absorbed within the refrigerator then out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is located on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs heat held inside of it, effectively reducing the temperature inside.
The moment an evaporator stops working, it is time to call a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is carried through a capillary tube which works as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, thereby transforming it back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat will regulate the current temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle as needed.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Orem for repair right when an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to start, and then the next cool down starts. The unit collects the cool liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor pushes the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the exterior of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the home and reverts to a liquid form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues on its journey to the evaporator, traveling through the many coils on the interior of the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The coolant then absorbs the warm air from within the appliance, thereby lowering the temperature down to the best final point.
5. The coolant will evaporate, and turns back to a gas form, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit so it can then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is found in a number of applications and large appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting warmth from a single location and relocating it to somewhere else the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a house, provides a safe storage space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule service with Orem Appliance Repair.
Orem Appliance Repair is able to service nearly all popular models of refrigerators – includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced service technicians in Orem undergo training to fix cooling issues, malfunctioning ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart functionality and countless other malfunctions. We know refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Orem Appliance Repair